Statement of Purpose
- Proactively represent the interests of the Association and its members, support fair housing, promote the free enterprise system and preserve the rights of private property ownership.
- Work cooperatively with CAR and NAR to promote their positions, programs and activities and to communicate the needs, concerns and issues facing the BAOR and its members.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with elected and appointed representatives at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Monitor activities of local governmental entities and advocate the Association’s position.
- Develop methods to increase member involvement and input into the Association’s public policy decision making process.
- Inform members of the Association’s positions on public policy issues and about governmental actions affecting their business.
- Develop methods to effectively evaluate candidates for public office and to support those candidates that are supportive of the Association’s beliefs and policies.
- Develop programs and activities to better inform members about the political process and to encourage them to get involved.
- Create and maintain an effective political contact network for all levels of government.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.